Production Engineers Role (Turning)
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm – Friday 8:00am – 3:30pm
Pay Rate: £14.00 - £16.00ph DOE
Our client, based in Leeds are looking for an experienced CNC Turning Production Engineer to join their team.
As a production engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical support to manufacturing, with responsibility to improve existing manufacturing processes and supporting the introduction of new products and new process equipment.
- Programming using feature cam of various CNC machine tools, turned components to tight tolerances and creating process documentation.
- Managing projects to drive process improvements, applying best practice manufacturing techniques, driving to apply new technologies, and supporting continuous improvement philosophies.
- Supporting the introduction of new components and creating process documentation.
- Giving feedback to the engineering team of cycle times along with job capability of new products.
- Sorting out standard tooling manual, jig & fixture location points, along with standard 5S approach to the milling section area.
- Monitor and improve the utilisation of machines on the milling or turning section.
- Organising programmes / tools / jigs and fixtures before manufacture.
- Look at tooling companies to aid the reduction of cycle times.
- Ordering of tools, equipment etc.
- Supply support of estimated cycle times for the engineering office and ERP system
- Respond to machine break down.
- Support of Supply Point system.
Candidates must demonstrate the following:
- A positive attitude to your work and other employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Improvement and best practice of manufacturing techniques including setups.
- Demonstrate full understanding of feature cam, MDC & Cimco editing system.
- Ability to program from engineering drawing to manufacturing.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter, and able to work on own initiative.
- Be approachable, with the ability build credible relationships with staff at all levels of the organisation but especially with shop floor personnel.
- Good time management, and ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office software, including word & excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and provide a responsive and pragmatic service.
- Ability to champion and drive improvements in a production environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate best practice manufacturing techniques.