Fundraising Development Manager
- Darlington, Durham
- £12.13 p/hr
- 37 hours per week
- Contract until February 2019
To deliver the revenue fundraising strategy focusing on raising funds for the theatre through corporate, trusts & foundation and public fundraising.
- Support the Theatre Director on the development and implementation of the fundraising & sponsorship strategy
- Deliver the annual fundraising target as set out in the revenue fundraising strategy
- Maintain appropriate charitable governance arrangements to provide an infrastructure for fundraising activities
- Provide advice and support to the Chairman of the Foundation to enable and empower him to make financial asks on the theatres behalf
- Research and identify funding opportunities and potential donors and sponsors, including individuals, companies, trusts and foundations and other appropriate sources of income
- Contribute to identifying and developing strands of the theatre’s current or potential offer which might attract income
- Embed fundraising into the fabric of the theatre and its team to broaden opportunities to engage with potential funders
- Cultivate and steward excellent relationships with existing funders, stakeholders, sponsors and high net worth individuals and track all funding cycles
- Develop and maintain customer relationship management data
- Working closely with the Marketing Department, develop appropriate print and digital content to support the strategyAct as an advocate and ambassador for Darlington Hippodrome
- Organise and host events to promote engagement with the theatre’s fundraising strategy
- Monitor progress against fundraising targets, maintaining accurate records, preparing reports for funders and internal reports and sharing information across the management team.
- Ensure that you work in line with all the Council’s policies and procedures and ensure that you are aware of your obligations under these.
- Behave according to the Employees’ Code of Conduct and ensure that you are aware of your obligations and responsibilities re. conflicts of interest, gifts, hospitality and other matters covered by the Code.
- Carry out your role in line with the Council’s Equality agenda.
- To comply with health and safety policies, organisational statements and procedures, report any incidents / accidents/ hazards and take a pro-active approach to health and safety matters in order to protect yourself and others.
- Any other duties of a similar nature related to this post that may be required from time-to-time.
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV TO APPLY OR CALL JENNY ON 0191 242 4891